Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to 2010

I've been busy doing alot of nothing since New Years. Got half way into the Rose Parade and the Dish went out. They had diffuculties until football started. Go figure. Did have my gumbo, have enough left over for 3 more meals. It was good, the rest is in the freezer for another day. Since then I've been puttering at things. Putting decorations away and trying to find places to put things. Have you ever had so much stuff you run out of storage spots. That's my problem at the moment.

I have some many old jeans that need to be cut into pieces, they are taking up my littlest bedroom. I'll get started on them soon. Have a couple of quilts I want to make. One needs to be done by the end of the month. I have also been working on my sketchbooks, I'll share one tomorrow.
I've also made some small Thank You cards for people that help me when I put on a dinner or benifit for someone. I don't think we thank people enough that give their time. I'm guilty of this too. So thought this might just do the trick. These are 3 X 3 cards, inside is blank so they can thank the person for whatever it was they did. All papers and stamps are CTMH. These can be made with scraps you have left over. You can also make envelopes to match if you can't find any to buy. I usually make them out of colored paper to match or white and then stamp something small on them. Not sure of the cost of postage yet. I'll let you know when I mail my first one. I hope this helps someone use up those scraps they don't know what to do with. It's kind of fun to see what you can come up with.
We're back to school. The kids all had pictures to scrap on Monday. Today they'll be out again and we'll have to decide what to do. Some have a very hard time remembering to bring them. Some have done a wonderful job on their scrapbooks. The parents that come in are pretty proud of them. One mother took all the pages and added them to her album. She said this made it alot easier on her to have her child do the scrapbooking.
Well, enough for today, thanks for stopping I can't send a card, but I would if I could. Come back again.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment