Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We still have hunting season going on around here. My son-in-law and a friend of his are staying here. They're bear hunting this morning. Not sure what they'll do with it if they get one. My hubby just kind of shrugs. He forgets he used to ger real excited about hunting when he was younger. Anyway, I'm having a little problem getting to my stamping stuff because of the hunting gear in there.


Todays card is one from the card workshop that I've been holding off showing, because I might use it in another swap I'm in but haven't decided. If any of you are in the 10 minute card swap don't look. The stamp is from Vintage Christmas. It was stamped with Moonstruck ink, and layered on bulk Stardust background paper, then Moonstruck and Olive cardstock. The ribbon is also Moonsturck. All products are from CTMH.
I've made a couple more cards like this and tied the ribbon differently. It's another of my fast and simple cards. Out of all that we did for this workshop, this one was my favorite.
As you can tell I'm not into traditional colors for Christmas. Red and Green are great, but seem to get old after years of use. I'm a kind of out of the box color person. I like things to match, meaning I won't put plaids and checks together, to me that's a little to out of the box. But I like to use different colors together. Here's an example. The other day I decided I wanted to wear a pair of grey slacks, that meant I need to find a shirt or something with grey in it. I have a grey and brown wool vest that I love, so I put a brown turtleneck under the vest. Normally, brown and grey just don't go together, but this worked.
Enough rambling, thanks for dropping by and come again,
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment