Friday, April 30, 2010

A Couple of Cards

I'm back again, a little early but wide eyed and bushy tailed. Not alot of interesting things happening. Yesterday we had our audit at school. That's where they come around and see if we're following our lesson plans. I was on top of it. Told the kids to be real good as we were having visitors and they were, doing what they were suppose to and darn if they walked on past our class and barely peeked in the door. We didn't even know they'd been there. They said we passed with flying colors. The lady doing it was impressed with our program. Good thing she didn't see them at snack time. It's a zoo.

Now back to the swap. Here are two more of the swap cards. I have since redone them by adding to them. The first is done on Hydrangea cardstock (CTMH) and ran through the Cuttlebug. If you notice CTMH cardstock has a white core so it looks a little sanded. This was layered on a White base. I tied White Organdy ribbon around it. The saying is retired CTMH, done in Hydrangea ink and sponged. I have this thing about sponging, it just kind of takes the starkness of the white away. The ladies skin is colored in with a skin tone marker. I jazzed her up a little since making this. On to the second one. The background on this one is called Seran Wrap Scrunch. It's done in yellow, orange and green reinkers. The technique is from the Technique Junkies.com, I wanted it to look a little hazy. I used brown mulberry paper to make the rug. I colored her with markers. the chair is done with Desert Sand and the dress with Barn Red, both CTMH. The crown is from my stash. The acrylic accent is from CTMH and says Dream. I colored the back with yellow permanent marker and tied it with yellow ribbon from my stash. I've done a little more to this one also. Still have 3 to go. Haven't started them but have an idea rolling around. First I have one due on Monday to do. It's a technique swap that I'll share, once I get it down. Ruined the first try, so now it's back to the drawing board.
Until next time, thanks for stopping. If your around tomorrow night there is a Benefit at the Eagles for a family with Cancer. There's dinner and an auction so come by if you get a chance.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment