Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy May

This is the spring month. Yesterday was a very windy day. Lots of limbs on the ground, also trees, we were lucky only had some limbs. Not as many as before as the last wind storm took most of the dead out of the trees. My sister had good news yesterday, she got her job in Arizona. Will be moving in two weeks. I'm sad for me, cause I really like having her here. We hang out alot and I'll miss that. I'll be going down this winter to bug her.

Todays share is from a different swap. This one is called Split Negitive. Mine isn't done exactly as it's suppose to be, but it turned out fine. I got the technique from Split Coast Stampers and Technique Junkies. Here are the directions: Use a large stamp, 2 inks, 2 embossing powders and papers. Stamp your image with 1 of your ink or embossing ink on a card size paper (5 1/2 X 4 1/4) emboss with colored or clear embossing powder. Do this again with the other color. Now comes the hard part. Match them so you can cut them down the middle to be able to match them later. Put them on contrasting cardstock (this is where I goofed). Then put on a base card. I put them together separately (the images and the cardstock, then put them together). The image is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps called Babbling Brook. The inks, embossing powder and paper is all from Close to My Heart. The saying is also retired CTMH, you can barely read the first part it says Thinking of You. This was my second goof, the blue in should have been on the Of You and the brown on the Thinking. Anyway it matches. If you decide to try this technique, remember to put the opposite color behind each image. I do have enough of the other halves to make 3 more cards. I try and get one made so you can see what it should have looked like. I kind of like these though.
Have a great day and come back soon and see what kind of silliness I'm up to.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment