Saturday, April 17, 2010

Belated Birthday Share

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Ended up being in the mid 70's. Had the doors and windows open. House got some badly needed fresh air. The cat even knows it's spring. He's been spending the nights out. No new kittys in site as he's fixed, just doesn't understand. Think he quite the hunter though. Not sure what our plans are for today. There is a large auction, that sounds very interesting. It has some wood Chuck would like to look at. I'm into the fun stuff, like treasures and cheap.


On my share today, I must tell you this is the first Belated Birthday card I've ever made. I started one and messed it up big time. Then decide to try this design. It's from one of the cards I got in my background and embellishment swap. Let me tell you it isn't easy, well at least not for me. Getting the folds just right is a bugger. Where it says Happy, it folds out to say Belated. The tall spot with the strips and bow says Birthday. The papers I used, are retired CTMH , Heather. The ribbon is from my stash, that was on a gift. The cake stamp and Celebrate are from the stamp set Celebrate (CTMH). I thought it turned out pretty good for the first time try. I'll get better at this fold after I practice some more.


Before I go, I'll give you a update on my school classes. We started a new quarter on Monday. I started with 8 in each class, I'm now up to 14. I have 4 boys in it, 2 in each class. Yesterday, was my Happy day. One of the boys is only suppose to come on Fridays. He said, "I had so much fun today I'm coming on Mon. and Wed. too." This is coming from a boy no one wants in their class. He was so good. Loved what he did with his pictures. I have to say, he did a great job on his 2 pages. Guess that's what make this job worth it. Even ran into some boys I had about 6 years ago, got a hug from each one of them, big old Juniors that they are.

Thanks for stopping, come back again. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment