Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Card

Last night I was off to the County Spelling Bee. My granddaughter was in it for the 5th grade. There were sixteen competing. In the practice round a little over half missed their words. In the first round 8 went out. One of them being her. She was pretty bummed since last year she was 4th. These words were pretty hard, but she said it's ok, I'll just keep trying. On Sunday she and her mother's family are moving back to Homer, Alaska. I'm pretty sad to see her go. She promised she'd spend the summer down here. Her dad is really going to miss her, as he see her everyday at school when she's not living with him. She is real good company for him. She told me the other night how proud she was of him for all the things he does for his class and his coaching. He coached her basketball team. Then for the high school runs the clock and does stats. Anyway, I'm a pretty proud mom of all my kids and grandkids.


My share today was made by me and not exactly what I thought it would turn out like. The card is for a swap with a crayon resist. Bet you don't see the resist? The background is the shave cream technique. The center is stamped with Black. The stamp set is retired from Close to My Heart called Loves Me Loves Me Not. I colored the daisy with marker, then went over the pedals with crayon. I then sponged over the top with Sweet Leaf ink (CTMH), then wiped the ink off the pedals. I used a yellow crayon so maybe that was my problem. I thought it would be brighter. The ribbon is from Walmart. If someone is really good with this technique please leave a comment on where I can see if I did this wrong. Thank a bunch.
That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll try and share my little book that came. In fact I got another one yesterday. These are so cute. Stop again, I'll try something different next time I share my work. Not sure I like this card.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment