Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting ready for Valentines Day

Been busy the last few days and didn't really have much to share as I haven't had a chance to get to my messy place. Yesterday was the big game. I spent most of it playing cards. That was a lot of fun. Did win 1 quarter. Decided I only lost $1 for the whole day. Not to bad. Don't have to work this week so have lots of home things to do. Was helping with the Valentines Dinner this coming Sat. night and got put in charge yesterday. The chairmans husband was rushed to the hospital. He was in pretty serious condition. Extended bladder, very low blood pressure and missing 5 pints of blood. They operated yesterday on the bladder and he's in stable condition. Anyways, I'm now doing pork loin and twice baked potatoes. I'm not a person fond of doing the twice baked, love to eat them though.

For today's share, a valentine's card for my grandkids. They are all made the same. Very simple and fast. That's cause 2 need to be mailed. It looks darker than it is. I distressed the base of the card with all CTMH inks, Blush, Chocolate and Holiday Red. I stamped the image and embossed with Black embossing powder, then watercolored with the ink pads. (Directions: use a water brush and pickup ink from the lid or sides of stamp pad and paint.) I used the Holiday Red for the balloon and hearts and Chocolate for the cat. The stamp set is retired from CTMH. The brads are punched from scraps of Holiday Red cardstock and glued and covered with liquid glass. They are very easy and look like the real deal. Now all I have to do is address and mail.

Until next time you all have a great day.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment