Friday, February 12, 2010

Perpetual (Event) Calendar

Happy Friday or should I say TGIF, when your retired everyday is either Friday, Sat. or Sun., just ask my husband. I kinda have to remember what day it is since I teach a different class each day. Has been nice to not have school this week. Got quite a bit done. Did all my little books, then got some more. Will have another birthday book to share tomorrow.

Started working on my Event Calendar. I love this calendar and use it all the time. Sorry it turned out kind of long, but that's how it is, long. If I didn't people (family) wouldn't get cards close to their birthdays. I call it a perpetual calendar as you use it year after year. To me it's a recording of history. I have my folks birthdays and when they passed on it, also when their anniversary was. You can pretty much put whatever you want to remember from year to year. What I'm sharing is some of the tops for the months. Some of the months pretty much speak for themselves, but I'll explain anyway. Far left is March,back is Clover Green cardstock. It's random stamped in Clover Green. The hat is from a long retired set called St. Patrick Surprise. It's colored with a gold leaf pen and Clover Green marker. Moving to the right, February. Back is Cranberry cardstock, with a stash doily layered. The heart is from the stamp set " Heart Throb. I used embossing ink and used white embossing powder. Then rolled with Cranberry ink. I think the technique is called Joseph's Coat. The bottom left is for November. Back is Goldrush cardstock, layered with Natures Treasures paper level 2. The image is from retired Give Thanks, it's colored with markers. The edges are sponged with Goldrush ink. The last one is for March. The back paper is from Paper Garden level 2, then layered with Pedal cardstock. The Butterfly is from retired Spring Possibilities. The technique is called Twist and Kiss. It's done by inking a solid stamp and twisting another stamp over it. Makes for a very cool effect. All items used in these tops are from Close to My Heart. The hat is from D.O.T.S (now CTMH). I have more in different stages of not done. The workshop is set for Sunday, Feb. 21 at the East Elementary Library at 10. I have 10 signed up but could take 12. It should be alot of fun. These also make great gifts.
Hope you enjoyed these, will try and have more for next time. Thanks for coming by.
Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment