Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Swap

A sunny good morning to you all. I'm coming out of gloom and smiling big smiles the last couple of days. It has been gorgeous here the last 3 days. Yesterday I even took my jacket off. Spent the day in Wenatchee teaching a TIPS class. It was alot of fun with a great group of people. This class was held at the Spring Hill Marriott. It's not open yet, but is going to be a super classy place. I really enjoy going to some of these new and different places.


All righty on to the title of my blog share. I'm in a new swap. I hope you'll enjoy following what I come up with. In this particular swap, we had to come up with 12 of the same background for cards and an embellishment to go with them. When they come back each person gets 2 of 6 different backgrounds and an envelope with embellishments in it. You really can't tell what embellishment goes with what background. The rules are you have to use one or more of the embellishments that are sent to you for each card. I got 2 large flowers and 3 things that could be used for centers. 2 blue flowers and 3 yellowish flowers, some beautiful bronze ribbon and some yellow rick rack. With that said here is what I came up with for my first card. I always start with a white card. I then layered Vineyard Berry cardstock (CTMH) on it. Next came the background. This background is done bronze metal cardstock, it was run through the Cuttle Bug, I'm not sure of the file name. A Technique Junkie technique called Patina was then put on it. This give a gold tone to it. I'm not sure you can see it in the scan. I used one of the big flowers with the jewel, it's just a little darker than the background color. The backing behind the Thank You is shiny Gold cardstock (from stash). The Thank You is on Gold Rush cardstock (CTMH) and stamped with Vineyard Berry ink (CTMH). The Thank You is from Curly Sentiment (retired CTMH). It's simply, yet looks nice.
I did get my calendar tops all done. Now have 12 coming tomorrow, so have some cutting today as I only cut for 11. That's ok, I'm not turning anyone away. It'll be fun. Thanks for stopping by, come again.
Hugs,
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment