Thursday, October 27, 2011

Card #3



Things got a little busy the last couple of days. Have things kind of under control now, so can start posting again. Been thinking alot about starting my Christmas cards, I know we haven't had Halloween yet. If I don't get started it won't get done.


On with todays share. Isn't this the cutest image. I don't have a dog, but would take this one in a minute. Not really a cat is enough. My first thought when I saw it was to put it on a plaid background. Sooo, I tried making my own, I'd seen it in one of my Technique Junkie pamphlets, but couldn't find which one, so being me I thought what the heck it can't be that hard. Ya, right! What a mess I made on 2 piece of glossy paper. Now that I've done the card I bought a CD from Technique Junkies and the first tutorial I looked at was the plaid. It wasn't hard if I'd have known what I was doing. Oh well, I have a pretty neat back ground behind it.

The background used is distressed paper. You take a piece of cardstock (I used white), lightly spray with water and crumple up, be careful not to tear it. Oh! cut it a little bigger than your going to need. Now flatten it out and take your heat tool and dry it or you could wait for it to dry. Then take your ink pad and drag on it. I used 3 colors Chocolate, Sunny Yellow and Topiary (all CTMH). The dog was colored with markers of the same color except the light brown is Desert Sand. He is hand cut out and placed on the Sunny Yellow cardstock. The saying is from a $1 stamp set I bought and says "I can't take my eyes off of you". Up in the corner are some dog bone brads I've had hidden away. The background the distressed piece is on is Topiery. I think it turned out pretty cute.


Until the next post keep warm, it's right chilly here, in the 20's. Real frost on the pumpkins, and makes the apples sweeter.

Hugs,

Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment