Monday, October 24, 2011

Card #2

Good morning all, chilly and clear here. I think fall is in full bloom. All our trees are a beautiful gold. The wind has been blowing a few off, not enough to crank up the lawn mower and pick them up. Maybe by the end of the week I'll make a pass. We have blown out all the sprinkler lines, still need to winterize the 5th wheel (spare bedroom).



The card I'm sharing today is a fun one. There are so many things you can do with a clown. This one is very cute. I colored him with markers and a white pen for the face, as I can't get my white markers to work, they seem to dry out really fast. I then hand cut him out. The technique I chose for a back ground is from Technique Junkies. It takes some time to do it but has a great effect. You can't get the full view of it on the finished card. Here's what you do. Use a 1 inch circle punch and 4 pieces of paper. You could use your scrap up with this technique. You can use either cardstock or designer paper. Anyway start punching out circles. Not sure how many, but a bunch. Next you'll need 2 sided sticky paper or glue/glue stick. I prefer glue. Start laying the circles on your card front. Be sure to overlap them. Cover the whole piece of paper, don't let your background show. I did it on my card front. Guess I should back up and let you know, I did the background before I ever got the image. So I colored the image to match my background.


Sorry, the card has shiny spots, it's in a clear envelope. Anyway, here goes. The purple and pink are the same as the circles in the background. The two techniques are called collaged circles and out of the box. Out of box is when the image is off the layered part. The balloons are attached to dental floss. It was fun to make and I think rather cute.


Until tomorrow, enjoy your day.

Hugs,

Bobbi



No comments:

Post a Comment