Monday, April 18, 2011

Millifoil Background Swap

These cards are from a swap I was in recently. It was a background swap, where someone else used your back ground and made a card for you. My background was called "Millifoil with a twist". The original "Millifoil" is done with circles. I don't own a circle stamp so I used my little square. The colors I used were Cranberry, Goldrush, Sunflower and Black, all CTMH. I made a full sheet of random stamped 8 1/2 X 11 white by Walmart. Cut in quarters, this makes the front of a card (4 1/4 X 5 1/2).

This cards base is done on a sparkly red, then my background. On top of it is a sparkly yellow, then the stamped image. I don't know who this stamp is by, sorry. It's colored with colored pencils with the yellow glitter flower with red jewel. I forgot the edges of the stamped image is cut with decorator scissors. This card was made by Paula P.

The next card is the other direction. It's base paper is red with glitter imbedded in it. The corners of the "Millifoil" arem rounded. There a 4 layer to the stamp image. Red angled, white, then red done with the stamp edges, just like the stamp. I'm not sure if this is a stamp or stamped. It has the postoffice cancelation on it, the word on it says, "Shqiperia", also the 20 has a q behind it. The inside says "The Road to a Friend's House is Never Long!". The card was made by Grandma Linda.

I love these cards. I have 2 more to share later. These show the different types of cards you can make with the same backgrounds. Love the variety you get.

Thanks for stopping come back again.

Hugs,

Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment