Thursday, December 1, 2011

My New Favorite Stamp

Your not going to believe this stamp. I saw it on a blog hop and fell in love with it. I'm not a big fan of winter, but this snowflake stamp takes the cake, for all time beautiful. I really hope everyone likes the cards I did with it. Most are totally different from what I usually do. The first one is totally not in Christmas colors, it started out to be Holiday Red from Close to My Heart, but I'm not sure what happened. The technique is Elmers glue pounced on cardstock, then a few drops of Holiday Red with some Platium Silver. For some reason it separated and became oily. I used a heat gun to dry it, which didn't work so I used a paper towel to dry it off. This is the background, we had a hard time getting the tape to stick. The stamp is from Sweet & Sassy and called "Snow Flurry". It turned out kind of orange and yellow, so that's the color of paper and ink I used. Not quite Christmas colors but I like it. The white brad worked real will the the spot that didn't have ink on them. When you see the other card I made with this stamp you'll see why I love it. It can be as elegant as you want it or like this card, just kinda plain. I have 2 more cards I'll share tomorrow with the same background technique only done differently.


Until then, take care and stay warm.

Hugs,

Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment